This course will teach you how to use advanced Finite Element Analysis pre-processing techniques and postprocessing tools, including the concept of defining virtual parts to avoid excessive geometric modelling. You will learn how to perform frequency analysis on a single part, and how to use adaptive meshing to achieve pre-defined accuracy.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Define and customise the material properties of the parts to be analysed
- Apply pressure, acceleration and force density loads
- Define virtual parts to simplify the analysis
- Apply pivot, ball-joint and user-defined restraints
- Compute frequency analysis for a single part
- Create planar sections to visualise the internal result values
- Compute and refine a mesh using adaptive meshing in order to achieve the pre-defined accuracy
Students attending this course should have completed the CATIA V5 Fundamentals and Generative Part Structural Analysis Fundamentals courses.