This course will help you to understand the capabilities of each CATIA V5 Digital Mock-Up workbench and analyse which one suits your needs in a given situation.
- You will learn how to visualise and inspect a complex assembly in order to investigate the problem areas and highlight critical points. It will also teach how to review and validate designs throughout the product lifecycle, from design in context to maintenance review.
- You will also learn how to highlight interference problems and verify internal component clearances, how to design mechanisms using an existing assembly and simulate and analyse the mechanisms for clashes and perform kinematic analysis.
This course will cover:
Digital mock-up basics
- Understand and use the capabilities of the Digital Mock-Up workbenches
- Manage assembly components and explore their mock-up details
- Manipulate the view points
- Perform measurements
- Highlight critical areas using 2D and 3D annotations
- Link information to external files
Digital mock-up space analysis
- Perform measurements in the context of a digital mock-up
- Create views to see the inner details of a digital mock-up
- Perform interference checks to identify clashes and contacts,and to verify component clearances
- Compare different versions of a digital mock-up
- Understand and use the capabilities and the general processes followed in the DMU Kinematics workbench
- Define a mechanism using an existing assembly
- Simulate the mechanism
- Analyse the mechanism for clashes
- Perform kinematic analysis
- Sequence multiple mechanisms
- This course is aimed at Mechanical Designers and Engineering Managers.
- Students attending this course should have attended the Digital Mock-Up Basics course.