This course will teach you how to define various turning operations to machine cylindrical parts. You will learn how to define multi-spindle and multi-turret machines and use multiple turrets simultaneously to machine a part. You will also learn how to perform the part transfer activity using the multi-spindle machine to complete the machining on both sides of a part without any manual intervention. This course will also teach you how to create milling operations and multi-axis milling operations using the mill-turn machine.
Topics covered include:
- Define the machining infrastructure
- Define the turning operations
- Define the milling operations using the multi-slide machine
- Define multi-axis machining operations
- Define multi-setups and multi-part machining
- Replay and simulate the tool paths
- Generate the Numerical Control (NC) output
- Students attending this course should be familiar with machining and Windows OS.
- Numerical Control (NC) Programmers attending this course should have completed the Gateway to the 3DEXPERIENCE platform course and should be familiar with the fundamentals of machining.